Mr. Trumper has 20 years of experience in all aspects of intellectual property law. He received his BS in Electrical Engineering from South Dakota School of Mines in 1985 and his Juris Doctorate from New York Law School in 1992.
After receiving his BS in Electrical Engineering, he spent 4 1/2 years with The Boeing Company in Seattle as a control systems/autopilot engineer working on the 737, 757, 767 and 747 airplanes. He moved to New York in 1989 to study law at New York Law School in southern Manhattan. He remained in New York though 1999 working as an attorney with top New York law firms.
In 2000, Mr. Trumper returned to his home state of Colorado as an in-house attorney for Agilent Technologies. There, he supported test and measurement businesses of Agilent in all aspects of intellectual property law, including litigation, client counseling, licensing and transactional matters, patent preparation and filing and portfolio management. He later joined Verigy, Inc. when the semiconductor and memory test and measurement business of Agilent was spun off as a separate entity. While with Verigy, Mr. Trumper acted as the sole IP attorney. He structured the IP policies and strategies used at the company and established many successful programs for improving patent matter efficiencies and educating Verigy personnel regarding IP matters affecting the company.
Areas Of Practice
- Client Counseling
- Technology Licensing
- Preparation of Opinions
- Patent Litigation
- Preparation and Prosecution of Patent Applications – Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Systems
- Computer Systems and Technology
- Control Systems
- Colorado, 2005
- New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New York Law School, New York, New York
- J.D. - 1992
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- BSEE - 1985
- Major: Electrical Engineering
Past Employment Positions
- The Boeing Company in Seattle
- Agilent Technologies, In-house Attorney
- Verigy, Inc.